Select a language:

What To Bring When Applying For CalWORKs

  • Social Security number or proof of application for a number for each person applying for aid.
  • Proof from US Citizenship & Immigration Services (USCIS, formerly INS) of permanent resident alien status.
  • Pregnancy verification if an unborn is the only eligible child.
  • Pay stubs for all persons working now or who got paid this month for a job that ended.

Other Requirements

  • Sign an agreement to cooperate with the Child Support Services in locating absent parents, establishing paternity, and obtaining child support.
  • Seek and accept any income that may be available and give us proof of this income such as:
    • Unemployment Insurance Benefits (UIB)
    • Disability Insurance Benefits (DIB), military benefits, and
    • Worker's Compensation benefits.
  • Comply with Statewide Fingerprint Imaging System (SFIS) requirements by providing an electronic scan of two fingerprints and a photo image that will be stored in a statewide computer system.
    • The images are only matched against other welfare recipients in SFIS to prevent welfare fraud due to receipt of duplicate aid. The data does not go to USCIS, IRS or local police or sheriffs departments.

Other Information Needed When Applying For CalWORKs Cash Aid

How To Apply For CalWORKs