On the day you apply for CalWORKs assistance, you will be asked to complete some forms and to listen to an explanation of your rights and responsibilities. You will be given an appointment to return within one working day to see a Social Worker and complete the application process. To expedite the process, you are advised to bring the following items with you if applicable:
- Identification (Drivers License or California Identification Card)
- Social Security Card or verification that they have applied for all family members
- Verification of rent and utilities
- Statements of Bank Accounts and any other resources
- Proof from US Citizenship & Immigration Services (USCIS, formerly INS) of permanent resident alien status.
- Verification of income, wages and Social Security Benefits
- A copy of vehicle registration