The Deputy District Attorneys have a number of critical responsibilities in felony child abuse cases. These responsibilities include the following:
- Participating in the interview process to determine the extent of the abuse and to assess the qualifications and competency of the child’s ability to be a witness
- Working closely with law enforcement to assure quality investigations that result in admissible and relevant evidence
- Coordinating, developing, and implementing procedures for the exchange of information among the district attorney’s office, social services, law enforcement agencies, health care agency, and child advocates
- Interacting with the CAST staff to obtain information integral to the criminal prosecution
- Filing and prosecuting felony child abuse cases.
If you would like more information regarding sexual assault, please refer to the Orange County District Attorney's web site at orangecountyda.com. Under the heading Violent Crimes, then choose Sexual Assault for further information and resources.